Quantcast

Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

TGIF - Feature & Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: What would your prefer: reading your favorite book over and over again until you got sick of it OR reading 100s of mediocre books? And why?

Hands down, I would re-read my favourite book over and over and over again. Life's too short to waste on mediocre books.

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I've taken part in the past two weeks. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

TGIF is another blog hop designed to provide much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by GReads, it's an interesting way to recap the week, pose a question, and find some exposure with a different audience.

Question of the Week: Love Stories: What are some of your favorite fictional love stories?

Hmm, that's a tough one - I don't normally look for the love story aspect, but I can think of a few notable fantasy romances that engaged my interest: Richard and Kahlan in The Sword of Truth (one of those epic, against-all-odds, true-love kind of themes); Phèdre, Joscelin, and Melisande in the Kushiel series (a rather bizarre love/hate triangle that works); and either Perrin & Faile or Mat & Tuon from The Wheel of Time saga (although the comic affair between Rand, Avienda, Elayne, and Min does have its moments).

20 comments:

  1. I agree I would rather read my favorite book over and over again. I'm a new follower.

    http://readinginthemountains.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! Life is definitely too short for average books.

    Don't forget to enter my giveaway, both are international!
    The New Death eBook Giveaway
    Fractured Light eBook Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! Why waste time reading a book you already know you won't enjoy to the fullest? I had to say the same and go with a re-read of my fave. But choosing that fave is next to impossible, especially if it really has to be just 1!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh - how could I have forgotten about Richard & Kahlan - that was truly an epic love story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my post, checking out yours! I actually agree with you. Life is too short, ain't it? Never thought of that. Then again, I fear I might begin to hate my favorite book, and I don't want that happening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too would rather read my favorite book. And I find something new that I didn't notice before each time I reread a favorite.

    Richard and Kahlan had a cute love story (from the tv series though :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just blogging by, happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to read new books to find new favorites. Not a re-reader either. New follower :)

    http://datesbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree favorite book over mediocre any day! I have not read any the books with your favorite love stories, but they sound awesome. I may have to try to fit them in. Thanks for stopping by my blog! New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Life's too short to waste on mediocre books."
    Exactly :)

    http://nijiclovers.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-my-book-blog-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is fun to reread your favorites(:
    Following back

    ReplyDelete
  12. I completely disagree with you! Find out why at My FF Post

    -New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree. I hate reading mediocre books, but I like finding new books too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree with you on the Kushiel Series. I Love Phedre and Joscline. Thanks for stopping by.

    Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  15. New follower! This was a hard question for me since I am not a re-reader. Here is my FF if you'd like to follow back: http://www.theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/02/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi. I'm a new follower. My answer is at http://cheriecolyer.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hopping through. Totally agree that life's too short to read bad books.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally agree!! I would have to re-read my favorites as well :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!! I am following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely fav book over and over.
    Thanks for stopping by and sorry for the delayed response!
    Jennifer @ The Bawdy Book Blog

    ReplyDelete