Quantcast

Thursday, June 28, 2012

TGIF - Feature & Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: Birthday Wishes -- Blow out the candles and imagine what character could pop out of your cake...who is it and what book are they from?

A very timely question, since my birthday is this weekend. I could go for the cheesy answer and pick an impossibly beautiful urban fantasy heroine, all decked out in leather and latex, but I'm going to be a bit more creative and go with Matrim Cauthon from The Wheel of Time. I figure, since it is my birthday and all, he can save me the suspense and let me know how A Memory of Light ends. :)

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I regularly take part in. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

TGIF is another blog hop designed to provide much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by GReads, it's an interesting way to recap the week, pose a question, and find some exposure with a different audience.


Question of the Week: 
Best I've Read So Far - We're half way through the year (crazy how time flies!), which top 3 books are the best you've read so far this year?

Let's see, I guess my top 3 reads of the year-to-date would have to be Shadowrise by Tad Williams, The Scar by Sergey & Marina Dyachenko, and The Cannibals of Candyland by Carlton Mellick III.

15 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Haven't heard of that person!

    Hope you have a GREAT Birthday!

    Happy early Birthday!!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of any of those books but I should definitely check them out when I have the time. Thanks for sharing!

    Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this character before now.

    Have a wonderful birthday <3

    My FF - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/feature-follow-friday-29th-june.html

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of that book, but I hope you have a happy birthday!!

    New GFC follower.

    My FF: http://moonlightreader.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I haven't heard of this book either.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read the Wheel of Time books. Loved your answers :)

    Have a nice weekend.

    My TGIF and FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read those books.
    Happy early birthday and have a great one!

    New follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Happy Birthday too yoouu!!! I should have thought about that, pick a character to help me figure out the end of a book!! I'm following!
    My FF
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! Happy birthdaaay. New follower :)

    http://projectreadandreview.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/follow-friday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a new GFC and Linky follower. Here's y first ever FF post : http://unconventionalbookviews.blogspot.ch/2012/06/feature-and-follow.html

    And I'd pick Bones from the Nighthuntress to jump out of my cake.

    Happy early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great birthday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/feature-follow_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your answer! :) Happy Birthday! New GFC follower


    Happy Friday!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know this book but I'm sure it could be fun!

    old follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I haven't heard of any of these but they sound interesting :)
    Old Follower
    Here's mine: http://www.yabookseasons.blogspot.com/2012/06/follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday! My birthday is this weekend, too :) I'm a new follower of yours.

    Happy reading,
    Ms. C
    http://www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.ca/2012/06/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete