Quantcast

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: When you step out of your usual genre what do you read? Best books in that genre?

I generally stick with fantasy or horror, so when I step outside my usual genres, it's generally to read a thriller - anything by Preston & Child, Clive Cussler, or Vince Flynn.

     

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I regularly take part in. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

18 and Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines. This one is aimed primarily at bloggers and books for the 18 and over crowd.

Question of the Week: 
When you think of fur-friendly authors, which author do you think of first?

That's a tough one, since I've always been more of a wings-and-fangs type of reader, as opposed to a fur-and-fangs. Stephen King's Cycle of the Werewolf and Whitley Streiber's Wolfen are the first to come to mind as favourites, but Jeff Burke's Cripple Wolf is at the top of my werewolf to-read pile, along with Ray Garton and W.D. Gagliani.

     

22 comments:

  1. Great picks, I don't think I've read any Flynn books.
    Have a Great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old Follow

    Good picks! I've read Vince Flynn, he's a good thriller guy, definitely!

    Julie~ My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read thriller books! James Patterson's novels are my favorite regarding that genre :)
    Check out MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read a thriller. I've always wanted to check one out. I think I will use one of your recs when I buy books next month!

    Also you have a gorgeous blog and blog name!

    New follower via GFC!

    Rebecca @ Vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice picks; I don't usually read thriller, but I do like to pick one up once in a while; especially this time of year. Happy Friday!

    New follower via GFC. :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thrillers are also a genre that I don't usually read but I have enjoyed reading.

    New Follower
    Vonnie's Reading Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice picks! I'm not a huge thriller fan, but your choices seem really nice.

    New follower here!

    It would be great if you could stop by my Feature & Follow Friday post.

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh nice! These are the kinds of books I tried reading when I was searching for paranormal reads years ago before the genre took off!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clive Cussler is good, I have lots of his books here, but haven't had a chance to read them. =)

    My FF

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books
    October Celebration Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't read much thrillers, but I've been meaning to try a few! New follower! http://inkspotsandroses.blogspot.com/2012/10/friday-feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just getting into thrillers, so thanks for the suggestions! New GFC Follower
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks!
    http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also love a good Thriller! Have a great Friday :)

    New email follower (sugar_and_snark AT yahoo .com)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  14. ~New Follower~

    I haven't read too many thrillers but I should step into that genre a little more!

    ~Kayla
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hopping through. I don't read thrillers much. I think I'd probably like them though. My parents and husband love them.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like thrillers and mysteries, enjoy! your week-end.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love thrillers/mysteries. Agatha Christie is one of my favorite authors.

    New follower via GFC.
    Alise - My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  18. thrillers --- give me chillers!

    (hides and runs to the next blog) new guy here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not a fan of thrillers, so I don't even try reading them ;) I guess adult fiction would be where I got the most out of my usual genre...

    Maeva
    Murphy's Library

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have recently started reading thrillers, also. I will have to check some of these out. :) New follower via GFC!

    Witchy Reviews FF

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always love a good werewolf story, I will have to check those out!
    Hope you had a great weekend and thanks for joining in the 18+ Follow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never read a thriller. I've always wanted to check one out.

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete