Quantcast

Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Stacking The Shelves & What I'm Reading

If it's Monday, then it must be time for Mailbox Monday, a weekly meme that provides a virtual gathering place for bloggers (and readers) to share the books that came their way over the past week. Originally hosted by Marcia, of To Be Continued..., it has since become something of a book tour, with a new host each month. This month's host is  Crystal @ I totally paused!

Here are the books that found a home on my shelves over the last week:


by Pasi Ilmari Jaaskelainen
(translated by Lola Rogers)
If David Lynch did Finland . . . A highly contagious book virus, a cult literary society and a world-famous, disappearing author, set in a distinctly Twin Peaks-like atmosphere . . .

by Mike Resnick
Welcome to aSteampunk wild west starring Doc Holliday, with zombies, dinosaurs, robots, and cowboys.

edited by Lynne M. Thomas 
Thirty-three science fiction, fantasy, and horror short stories grab readers by their emotional cores to star deep into the source of our humanity and inhumanity . . . sketch surreal pasts, presents, and futures full of characters with familiar and outsized desires and fears. 


As for what I'm reading this week, It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey, and it's focused on what's in your hands, as opposed to what's on your shelf. I've got reviews coming up for:


What's topping your shelves this week?

17 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! These are new to me! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, stop by if you can!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rabbit Back Literature Society looks like a cool read! I love the cover! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the one I'd be most excited about is The Rabbit Back Literature Society. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are a little different from what I've been seeing- The Rabbit Back Literature Society looks fascinating. The whole Twin-Peaks thing is a great hook but that probably dates me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, same here, but that's ok. As soon as I read the blurb, I started hearing "How's Annie?" :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read Mike Resnick's lastest but I have Ben Bova's Mars in my TBR pile. Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Apex! I have a digital copy of Book of Apex Volume 4, and as you mentioned on my STS post, we both got Rabbit Back. So cool! Isn't it a beautifully done book? thanks for stopping by, Bob:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to browse and flip through a short story collection, so I'm quite happy to have Apex in paperback.

      Delete
  7. The Doctor and the Dinosaurs looks awesome! So you've read another book then? I am so curious I will have to check it out. I am seriously looking forward to that Apex book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul. The Rabbit Back Literature society looks awesome, enjoy : )

    Kate @ The Little Blog of Geek

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Doctor and the Dinosaurs sounds really interesting! I love that it combines steampunk, zombies, and dinosaurs. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that one just hit all the right buttons for me.

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of The Rabbit Back Literature Society, but what a great cover and blurb. Hope you enjoy!

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  11. ENJOY your books. Again...I don't know any of these books. Most likely because I don't read this genre.

    Have a great week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    Another giveaway on my blog if you want stop by that post too.

    Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are definitely new to me but they look great! Hope you enjoy all of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. "If David Lynch did Finland . . ." and "Doc Holliday, with zombies, dinosaurs, robots". Wow, this sounds like some fun reading!

    ReplyDelete