Quantcast

Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Dragon Engine by Andy Remic

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Dragon Engine by Andy Remic 
Expected publication: September 1st 2015 by Angry Robot 

Five noble war heroes of Vagandrak get drunk one night and sign a contract – to journey to the Karamakkos in search of the Five Havens where, it is written, there is untold, abandoned wealth and, more importantly, the three Dragon Heads – jewels claimed to give unspeakable power and everlasting life to those who wield them.

But the Dragon Heads aren't what they think, and the world has not encountered their like in generations!

Think Smaug was fierce? You ain't seen nothing!


While I already had this on my most-anticipated list for 2015, last week's reveal of the cover pushed my excitement to 11 and turned a must-read into a give-me-the-book-now-and-nobody-gets-hurt title! The Dragon Engine (and it's follow-up, Twilight of the Dragons) are set in the same world as The Iron Wolves and The White Towers, which I enjoyed immensely, and Remic himself has said "these books will hit new levels in fantasy violence and anti-heroic depravity."

Update: Self-imposed ARC ban be damned . . . just downloaded the ARC. :)

11 comments:

  1. dragon me very much interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Everlasting life that is achieved by wielding some unknown powerful "jewels". Sounds really good, hopefully the other series isn't required reading for this (but kind of looks like its not?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, a standalone series, new characters and storyline, so no previous reading required - although I will say Iron Wolves & White Towers were a heck of a lot of fun!

      Delete
  3. Oooh I saw this cover yesterday. Love it! Great choice !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just requested an ARC of this a few hours ago - now to see if I am approved. I agree, this cover is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is set in the same world as Iron Wolves, but a new series, right? The White Towers kind of slipped by the wayside for me last year, so I'm wondering if I can jump into this without read that.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're safe, from what I've heard. Same world, but new characters/story.

      Delete
  6. Great pick. This one definitely sounds interesting!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not read nearly enough dragon books. Hope you enjoy this one!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to check out The Rage of King series, but I'm tempted to skip and start with this one.

    ReplyDelete