Quantcast

Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday: The Last Mortal Bond by Brian Staveley

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Last Mortal Bond by Brian Staveley
Expected publication: March 15th 2016 by Tor Books

The climactic third and final novel in the Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne

The trilogy that began with The Emperor's Blades and continued in The Providence of Fire reaches its epic conclusion, as war engulfs the Annurian Empire.

The ancient csestriim are back to finish their purge of humanity; armies march against the capital; leaches, solitary beings who draw power from the natural world to fuel their extraordinary abilities, maneuver on all sides to affect the outcome of the war; and capricious gods walk the earth in human guise with agendas of their own.

But the three imperial siblings at the heart of it all--Valyn, Adare, and Kaden--come to understand that even if they survive the holocaust unleashed on their world, there may be no reconciling their conflicting visions of the future.


Yes, we're looking ahead to next Spring already. Brian announced on Facebook last week that the book is finished and off to the copyeditor, 12 years after he began work on the trilogy. It's already available for pre-order, and the first 2 books were amazing, so what are you waiting for?

9 comments:

  1. that sounds and looks really good. Stunning cover

    ReplyDelete
  2. This doesn't looks like something I read but hope you enjoy it!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son has been waiting for this one. I hadn't heard this one was coming out, so I know he will be happy. My WoW - http://125pages.com/waiting-on-wednesday-menagerie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES. YES. YES. The Emperor's Blades was one of the best books I read this, and soon as I finished it, I couldn't wait to read Providence of Fire. I have a copy of that, but I'm waiting to read, because I know as soon I finish it, I'm going to want to dive into The Last Mortal Bond! And there is now way I would be able to handle reading it now and waiting until next March.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh heck yes, I'm itching to get my hands on this one. Interested to see what will become of the three royal siblings especially Valyn.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - he introduced so much more in the 2nd novel, I'm anxious to see how it all comes together.

      Delete