Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


Dragons, Superheroes, Apocalypses, and Hell: Catching up with the review pile . . .

Waiting on Wednesday: Haven by Tom Deady

Thriller Review: The Obsidian Chamber by Preston and Child

Short Story: Consumption by Jesse Orr


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

A handful of interesting review titles this week:

The Secret Sex Life of Angels: Mysteries of Isis by I J Weinstock

Cyber World: Tales of Humanity’s Tomorrow edited by Jason Heller

Eye of the Storm by Frank Cavallo

The Ruling Mask by Neil McGarry & Daniel Ravipinto

 

No new WTF Friday titles this week, but one interesting Kindle freebie:

The Emperor's Treasure by Daniel Leston



αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.



What's topping your shelves this week?

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cover for Cyber World-love the colour combinations! Hope it turns out as good as it looked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Secret Sex Life of Angels... *eyebrow raised* Should be entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever thought up the name of The Secret Sex Life Of Angels was a genius! I don't know anything about it, but I now want to read that novel (although I would need to get it as an eBook so people couldn't see what I was actually reading!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am laughing tears here, Ardis - you are hilarious! There is such a thing called book cover made of fabrik, that would solve your "problem" *smile*

      best wishes
      Vi @ Gone With The Books

      Delete
  4. All of your new books are new to me. Some of them have covers that attract me so very much.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don´t know any of those books, but they all seem to be very interesting. Hope you will enjoy all of them. Have a great weekend.

    here is my STS

    best wishes
    Vi @ Gone With The Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh intriguing reads!! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen a couple of bloggers with Cyber World, I'm very intrigued. It's quite the eye-catching cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not usually a reader of short stories or anthologies, but when I saw Cyber World, I couldn't resist either. Fantastic line up of authors.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. that Black Guard smells interesting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Bob,
    I just discovered your blog and I read it with interest. I’m looking forward to your next reviews!
    All the best
    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to hearing what you think of Wall of Storms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking books. I seem to have been caught in a spate of mysteries. I finally have an urban fantasy and science fiction story on my list. Here is my week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete