Quantcast

Saturday, October 8, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


WTF Friday: Village of the Mermaids by Carlton Mellick III

Horror Review: Crimson Souls by William Holden

#IWSG - When do you know your story is ready?

Fall and Redemption guest post by Gregory A. Wilson

Interview with Scott Warren (author of Vick's Vultures)


I also used this week's #IWSG post to quietly lift the veil on Foster Medina, my horror-writing pseudonym. If you've been following along on WTF Friday, you should have a good idea what to expect.

Needless to say, review copies of Foster's stuff are available, should you be so darkly inclined.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

A great selection of new titles this week, including 2 very long awaited releases:

The Mirror’s Truth by Michael R. Fletcher

Red Sister by Mark Lawrence

Deadraiser by Stephanie C. Lyons-Keeley & Wayne J. Keeley

      


A pair of WTF Friday review titles this week as well, courtesy of Forbidden Fiction:

 

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

With the Halloween season in full swing, I've temporarily shelved the 2 fantasy reads I have on the go, and dove head-first into the bloody pool . . .

  

What's topping your shelves this week?

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I ever so wonder what truth the mirror hides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get into the Halloween swing with a few horror related books and films. Stupid viral infection has left me even further behind schedule! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your review, Bob! I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fletcher and Lawrence in the same week! Glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week I also scored the double awesomeness of Fletcher and Lawrence. Very excited.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try reading Mark Lawrence's work. I thiiink his first book didn't really appeal to me, though... Hope you enjoy this haul!

    ReplyDelete