Quantcast

Saturday, February 11, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



With the stress of selling/buying a house and being rendered effectively homeless by the endless viewings, I've temporarily closed the Ruins to unsolicited review titles, but I did have one request fulfilled this week:

Assassin's Fate by Robin Hobb
[May 9th 2017 by Harper Voyager]
The final book in the Fitz and the Fool trilogy. 'Nuff said.


New additions to the WTF Friday shelves this week included:

Green Tea Heist by Donald Armfield
A body horror, Splatterpunk, Zombie, Erotica that will give a whole new meaning to HIT THE DECK!


Deadman's Tome No Safe Word
No Safe Word might just be the most deplored and debaucherous piece of filth Deadman's Tome has ever released


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

This week's e-book read is Assassin's Fate by Robin Hobb, with Bradley P. Beaulieu's With Blood Upon the Sand temporarily on hold, while my paperback pleasure (and I'm enjoying this immensely) is Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames.



What's topping your shelves this week?

12 comments:

  1. Ugh, I'd hate to have strangers rampaging around my house! That would be the down side if I ever got to move somewhere bigger to give my books space to live! Hope the viewings go well and you get some nice relaxing reading done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks just as hard as you can imagine - even more so when (like me) you work from home. I've been camping out at Tim Horton's and the Library all week.

      Delete
    2. I'm going to do this in a few years. I DREAD it. So, it really is as bad as they? That's what I was afraid of.

      Delete
  2. the last three look interesting indeed! Methinks we need a genre of erotic space opera :) Pansexual one if possible LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure I must have a few of those on the WTF Friday shelves - I actually had a review request for an erotic version of Starship Troopers the other day, which sounded like a lot of fun. :)

      Delete
  3. I am starting Kings of the Wyld today. It will be my first real foray into the Grimdark stuff that I used to almost exclusively read since I rejoined the reviewing world. Lets see how my tastes have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're enjoying Kings of the Wyld! I love the play on words with the word "band" and I can't wait to get started:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul! Hope the viewing are going well and you get the time to read a lot soon!!
    Here's my Stacking The Shelves post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Robin Hobb, how exciting! I'm not caught up with the series yet, but I know how long fans have been waiting for this one :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin Hobb is an author I have been meaning to read. Hope you enjoy all of your new books.
    (Our son and dil are house shopping and it is time consuming and stressful.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee, Robin Hobb! I need to catch up with her work, I'm sadly behind. Enjoy the new books!

    ReplyDelete