Quantcast

Saturday, February 25, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



I'm still trying to keep a tight rein on the review pile, but this week I finally picked up a long-awaited title from my P.O. Box; I was offered a thriller I couldn't turn down and a sequel I've been eagerly anticipating; and I requested a mid-summer release that caught my eye.

Skullsworn by Brian Staveley [April 25th 2017]
Brian Staveley’s new standalone returns to the critically acclaimed Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne universe, following a priestess-assassin for the God of Death


The Only Child by Andrew Pyper [May 23rd 2017]
radically reimagines the origins of Frankenstein, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Dracula, in a contemporary novel 


The Tower of Zhaal by C.T. Phipps [January 22nd 2017]
the second novel of the Cthulhu Armageddon series, a post-apocalypse continuation of H.P. Lovecraft's popular Cthulhu Mythos


Dead On Arrival by Matt Richtel [August 1st 2017]
A mysterious disorder threatens to destroy the world in this high-concept thriller, which combines medical science, cutting-edge technology, and breathtaking suspense


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

A fresh start on the review pile this week, with Brian Staveley's Skullsworn a no-brainer for my next paperback read, and a trio of books jockeying for my digital attention - Kristopher Rufty's Something Violent, A.C. Wise' The Kissing Booth Girl and Other Stories, and by David Gibbins' Testament.



What's topping your shelves this week?

8 comments:

  1. Interesting mix of titles on your haul this week. I like the Skullsworn cover. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock, Bob! I can't wait to read these reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover of The Kissing Booth Girl intrigues me! Interesting. Hope you enjoy this week's haul! I need to read some Brian Staveley... sometime. I Hope. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nice signed copy of Skullsworn!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mix. Kissing Booth Girl looks intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your new acquires. The Only Child and Dead on Arrival both look particularly interesting. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the autograph and inscription. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete