Quantcast

Saturday, March 25, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



Just the one new review title this week - a long-anticipated book that I requested way back in December:

Long Black Veil by Jennifer Finney Boylan
Weaving deftly between 1980 and the present day, and told in an unforgettable voice, Long Black Veil is an intensely atmospheric thriller that explores the meaning of identity, loyalty, and love


I did, however, pick up a pair of new titles for the WTF Friday stacks:

The Haunted Halls by Glenn Rolfe
Part Laymon, part King, complete Rolfe, this is a book that any horror fan needs to read

Onikymn Crystal by RR Morris
A spellbinding work of imaginative science fiction, RR Morris’ novel will impress readers with its command of historical epochs and alien intrigue



αωαωαωαωαωαωαω


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

A fresh start this week, with Jennifer Finney Boylan's Long Black Veil automatically becoming my physical read of choice, and Michael Crichton's Dragon Teeth finally topping the e-reader stacks (I can wait no longer!).


What's topping your shelves this week?

11 comments:

  1. *eyes Dragon Teeth* I really should read some Michael Crichton, sometime... I'm tempted. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a long time to wait for a requested book! I have no patience at all so that would have driven me mad! Looking at the RR Morris book for some reason I keep imagining the Indiana Jones guy on the cover is Chris Pratt...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing so hard at the cover of Onikymn Crystal;-) Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Dragon Teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy Dragon Teeth! I'm going to wait just a tad longer to read it, though it's getting harder and harder to resist :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice haul!! I really am now intrigued about Dragon Teeth!
    Here's My STS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nice haul!! I really am now intrigued about Dragon Teeth!
    Here's My STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do try to read books in the order that they appear on my calendar but sometimes I can't wait either. I recently read one and have the review scheduled for May. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete