Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, April 15, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



I fell off the wagon hard these last two weeks, and my poor bookshelves are suffering for it. This week brings a long-awaited sequel that I *finally* got approved for, an awesome horror story, and a little "stabbing with space swords."

The Legion of Flame by Anthony Ryan
[June 27th 2017 by Ace]
Empires clash and a fell power stakes its claim in the second in a new series from the New York Times bestselling author of the Raven's Shadow Trilogy.


Just Add Water by Hunter Shea
[June 13th 2017 by Lyrical Underground]
Once the screaming starts, David and Patrick realize that their childhood pets really did come to life. With a vengeance. They’re enormous . . . and have a ravenous hunger for human flesh . . ..


Lucifer’s Star by C.T. Phipps
[October 13th 2016 by Crossroad Press]
The first novel of "A Space Saga", which is a dark science fiction space opera novel set in a world of aliens, war, politics, and slavery.


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

Juggling another pair of e-book of reads this week, with The Fathom Flies Again by James Walley (a long overdue read) and Owl and the Electric Samurai by Kristi Charish (releasing May 8th), while I've dug my paperback of Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson out of the stacks for a read.



What's topping your shelves this week?

13 comments:

  1. I came over because my dragon radar noticed The Legion of Flame :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anybody would be wise to turn their back on a dragon! :)

      Delete
  2. I read Hunter Shea for the first time last month and I'm certainly going to read this new one at some point! Maybe some more Ray Garton as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Shea is good for a b-movie monster read. Looking forward to his latest.

      Delete
  3. I am looking forward to Legion of Flame. Can't wait to see where he goes with this series after basically trashing a continent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I requested it ages ago (it was on NetGalley as a 'Wish' title), so it was a pleasant surprise to get approved.

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to read your thoughts on LEGION OF FLAME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of my most anticipated reads this year. I doubt I'll wait long to give it a read.

      Delete
  5. I was so happy to see the new Owl book pop up on NetGalley last week! Here's hoping I get approved!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I need to catch up with the Owl books. It seems like they're coming out so fast... but I'm probably just slow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not read these books, yet. Happy Reading! I'm visiting from the Reading with Beth blog.

    http://readingwithbeth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate to falling off the wagon and sagging shelves. Hope the packing is going okay. All three of your new titles are new to me but look interesting - or creepy in the case of Just Add Water. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to try the Owl one but I finally didn't ask for it but one day!!! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete