Saturday, April 29, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



This summer's most highly anticipated new releases are starting to roll in, which has presented a bit of a challenge in terms of reading schedule, because every new arrival is the one I want to read first!

Tyrant's Throne by Sebastien de Castell
[June 6th 2017]
After years of struggle and sacrifice, Falcio val Mond, First Cantor of the Greatcoats, is on the brink of fulfilling his dead king's dream, but nothing is ever that simple


The Witchwood Crown by Tad Williams
[June 27th 2017]
New York Times-bestselling Tad Williams' ground-breaking epic fantasy saga of Osten Ard begins an exciting new cycle! - Volume One of The Last King of Osten Ard


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

I'm all over the map this week. I'm still juggling The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase by Greg Cox & River of Teeth by Sarah Gailey, but both got pushed aside when I started in on The Witchwood Crown by Tad Williams, which has since been eclipsed by Tyrant's Throne by Sebastien de Castell.



What's topping your shelves this week?

8 comments:

  1. I love the cover for River of Teeth...you're just waiting for something to rise from the murky depths...I keep meaning to grab this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaaah, I got denied for The Witchwood Crown... Mind you, I suppose that gives me time to reread the original books! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cover for Tyrant's Throne is so nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed River of Teeth quite a bit. And then that baby hippo was born at one of the major zoos and has been all over twitter and the timing could have been more perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Tyrant's Throne! I can't wait to dive into that one. Really looking forward to reading River of Teeth too.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, I'm jealous over TYRANT'S THRONE. Can't wait to read your thoughts on that one. And I love the cover to RIVER OF TEETH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Tad Williams. There's an author I haven't heard about in ages.

    Saturday was my the junior to cadette bridging ceremony in San Francisco. My daughter and I are sore and sunburnt from our adventure but we had fun. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Witchwood Crown looks really good. I'm still waiting to hear how you like River of Teeth! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete