Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, May 13, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



A quiet week this time around, with just the one review title landing on my doorstep, and a single digital purchase.

The Guns Above by Robyn Bennis
[May 7th, 2017]
In the tradition of Honor Harrington and the high-flying Temeraire series, Bennis’s THE GUNS ABOVE is an adventurous military fantasy debut about a nation's first female airship captain. 


The Lady Who Loved Bones by Jack Hazen
[January 23rd, 2017]
The wild west just got wilder with the widow Hannah Monroe, a beautiful blonde paleontologist from Philadelphia, and the enigmatic Hex Hawkins, mountain man, former spy during the war, and owner of a secret gold mine.


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

I received a finished paperback of The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase by Greg Cox in the mail this week, so I'm currently devouring that. With Tyrant's Throne done, I'm back on track with The Witchwood Crown by Tad Williams for my fantasy fix, and C.T. Phipps is feeding my sci-fi hunger with Lucifer's Star (and he'll be feeding yours with a guest-post on Monday!).



What's topping your shelves this week?

8 comments:

  1. Lady Who Loved Bones? I don't understand writers who won't pay a professional designer to make them a cover, you can find them these days around the net and they'do it for 50 bucks. This one is almost offensively bad, as if he does not even care whether his book will have a decent cover or not, no effort has been put into it whatsofreakingever obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched the Librarians films yet never mind got round to watching the TV series! I will eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hungrily await your thoughts on The Witchwood Crown. I am looking forward to reading the book myself, and I'm excited because it will be my first Tad Williams.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited about this week! Biased? Me? Never!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get to The Guns Above, it's on my TBR too! I pretty much requested it on Netgalley because I liked the cover...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought ''The Guns Above'' BEFORE I saw it was being reviewed here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw The Guns Above and it looked good. I look forward to learning more about C.T. Phipps. Love the sci fi stuff. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete