Quantcast

Saturday, July 22, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



Just the one new title this week, but one I've been looking forward to - The Mongrel Mage by L. E. Modesitt Jr. 



αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Weekly Recap

Fantasy Review: Scourge by Gail Z. Martin

Waiting on Wednesday - The Dragon Lords: False Idols by Jon Hollins

Coming up this week, a guest post from Dan Jolley, author of Grey Widow's Web.


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

On the e-reader, I just starting Straight Outta Fangton by C.T. Phipps, and in hardcover, I'm deep into The Witchwood Crown by Tad Williams.

   

What's topping your shelves this week?

9 comments:

  1. I look forward to your thoughts on The Witchwood Crown. That's definitely one to be savored and enjoyed.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the fence about it right now, wondering how much I really enjoyed the original, and how much of what I remember is based on inexperience with the genre at the time. It's slow-moving, I don't like a lot of the characters, and I'm growing tired with the psuedo-Christian mythology.

      Delete
  2. I really do need to read some L. E. Modesitt Jr... someday! Not that I even know where to start. Enjoy!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His Recluce saga is a good place to start - you can pretty much dive in anywhere, as they're standalone books that jump around in the timeline. Soprano Sorceress is a good series as well, but Corean Chronicles will likely be my next read.

      Delete
  3. I need to get on with ASOI&F book three but they do take the best part of a week to read and there are so many others I need to get to first. Big books intimidate me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read up to Dance of Dragons, but haven't been too eager to give it a read.

      Delete
  4. Wow! All of these books sound interesting! I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been eyeing L. E. Modesitt Jr. ever since you had Recluse Tales up. Hope you are enjoying your books. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice assortment of books. I've been reading science fiction for fifty years by have never read anything by Modesitt. Come see my week here. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete