Quantcast

Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday - Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, originally hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Since Jill is no longer hosting it, I'm joining Can’t Wait Wednesday movement over at Wishful Endings.

Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson
Expected publication: November 14, 2017 by Tor Books

The eagerly awaited sequel to the #1 New York Times bestselling Words of Radiance, from epic fantasy author Brandon Sanderson at the top of his game.

In Oathbringer, the third volume of the New York Times bestselling Stormlight Archive, humanity faces a new Desolation with the return of the Voidbringers, a foe with numbers as great as their thirst for vengeance.

Dalinar Kholin’s Alethi armies won a fleeting victory at a terrible cost: The enemy Parshendi summoned the violent Everstorm, which now sweeps the world with destruction, and in its passing awakens the once peaceful and subservient parshmen to the horror of their millennia-long enslavement by humans. While on a desperate flight to warn his family of the threat, Kaladin Stormblessed must come to grips with the fact that the newly kindled anger of the parshmen may be wholly justified.

Nestled in the mountains high above the storms, in the tower city of Urithiru, Shallan Davar investigates the wonders of the ancient stronghold of the Knights Radiant and unearths dark secrets lurking in its depths. And Dalinar realizes that his holy mission to unite his homeland of Alethkar was too narrow in scope. Unless all the nations of Roshar can put aside Dalinar’s blood-soaked past and stand together—and unless Dalinar himself can confront that past—even the restoration of the Knights Radiant will not prevent the end of civilization.


This was probably my most anticipated read of the year, and definitely one of the most prized ARCs I have ever received. A review embargo means I can take my time and enjoy it, which is a nice problem to have.

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book but I'd love to read both that one and this sequel someday. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about why there's a review embargo! So strange, maybe to avoid spoilers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's all about the spoilers. There weren't supposed to be any ARCs at all, but TOR produced a very limited amount to feed a release day blitz. :)

      Delete
  3. I think everyone wants a copy of this one. I've not read any Sanderson so I should probably fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the first book, but I am thinking that I really should. This sounds really good.

    Jenea's Book Obsession's CWW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any Brandon Sanderson books, but this sounds interesting!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read one or two of Sanderson's books and they were good. Hope you can get your hands on this one soon.
    Check out my Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ARC showing up on my doorstep made my whole month! I'm about a quarter of the way through it now, just talking my time and savoring it too because of the review embargo.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, the best thing about the ARC is that it's paperback and not quite as thick. Much more comfortable to carry around and read in stolen moments. :)

      Delete